Wednesday, April 29, 2009

no matter how far i go, my heart remains with you.

okay, i clearly fail at writing in my blog. it's nothing personal though-seriously. i try writing in journals/diary's all the time. i'm good for a week, and after that it's an epic fail. regardless, i push forwards..

topic one: work
let's talk about eddie rockets, shall we? first of all, i was hired with my anti-eyebrow piercing, they appeared to have no problem with it. i meet with one of the managers to talk about my hours, how much i'll get paid, ect, my piercing was no problem. first day at work, i get my uniform (ps;i have a bow-tie?) i go to get changed.. "oh, by the way, you'll need to take our your piercing."
...you're kidding me, right?
so i've had my piercing for just over a month..obviously if i try to take it out, i'm not going to get it back in, or it's going to get infected, or something! i tried to take it out, but the ball was screwed on too tight, so i left it in for that shift. i went to the piercing place the next day, and he loosened it for me-so the plan for right now is to take it out during my shift and put it back in after. the piercing guy told me it should be fine, just to make sure my hands are always clean and if it does start to get infected i can take it out and he'll re-pierce it for me when i'm done working for eddie rockets.
other then that whole situation, i'm starting to feel a bit more comfortable at my job. i hated it for the first few shifts, because the managers aren't nice at all, but today was a bit better (i actually made one of them laugh! i should get a gold star.) saturday and sunday are supposed to be really, really busy, so hopefully i don't do anything to screw up too bad! i love the music though. it's all like 50's-70's music. it makes me really happy that i get to work while the beatles are playing instead of lady gaga (poker fase is permanently stuck in my head, btw).

topic two:weather
okay, so i went to ireland prepared for rain. lots and lots of rain. i figured i'd learn how to swim while i was here (shut up, don't laugh!) because otherwise i'd have no way to get from my flat to the grocery store. however, the weather's been quite beautiful since i arrived. everyone's been talking about how it's the nicest weather in dublin for the past few years. for some reason though, the past few weeks the grey sky's have been visiting way more than the sunshine, and i'm not really very pleased. today i went to the post office and back to my flat, and the bottoms of my pants were soaking wet :( fingers crossed, the weather starts to get better, and stays that way!

topic three:mail
thank you so much, nanny and ryan lazzaro for the kraft dinner. i know you were all so worried about how i was going to survive, but you can sleep easy now. i'm pretty sure i'm good for the rest of my trip :) i'm doing this new eating healthy thing, but on the weekends i've decided to just eat whatever (my fantastic roommate greta does this all the time. it's like a fun diet!) so i really can't wait untill the weekend to have some kraft dinner! chantal's going to come over, and i told greta about it, so she wants some too :) also, nan put some syrup in my package, so waffels this weekend!! yayyy!

umm..i don't think there's really much else to talk about. i have paint my nails again, i think i'll do that tonight. then greta and i will have another girl talk most likely. i feel like i have a big sister! i never, ever want her to go back to italy, but i only have maybe a month left with her :(
my heart shatters into a million pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment